Traditional Plant medicines and healing arts workshop series From Siddha Sciences
This workshop series is conducted by Siddha Sciences and will explore traditional medicine practices and plant sciences used in the long history of human development. This workshop series is broken down into the following modules:
- Foundations of traditional herbal medicine
- Astrological and Alchemical Foundations of healing arts
- The art of fermentation unlocking the hidden fire in nature, foods medicine, and drinks
- Pharmacopeia, Materia Medica, and preparation of plant medicines
- Shamanism and Entheogens, Plant medicine teachers and healers
This workshop series is divided up into Five different sessions that last approximately three hours each and will provide the foundation to higher levels of plant study, personal integration, and plant practice.
Foundations of traditional herbal medicine
The content of Foundation of traditional herbal medicine will outline the following:
History of traditional plant medicine practices
Plant as gateways to nature
Constitutional theory in traditional medicine i.e. Ayurvedic doshas
Five element theory in relationship to bodily constituents, organs, sense organs, organs of actions, and layers of the mind , tastes, and constitutions
6 tissue states in relationship to herbs
7 layers in relationship to herbs
Plant sits, identification, and foundations of wild crafting
With the completion of this workshop you will understand the foundational principles of traditional herbal medicine and the history of is development.
Astrological and Alchemical Foundations of healing arts
This workshop series will cover the following aspects
- What is astrology, how did it develop and does it relate to traditional forms of medicines and healing
- What is Alchemy how did it develop does it relate to traditional forms of medicines and healing
- How to use astrology and alchemy within herbalism
- What is medical astrology
- 12 signs of zodiac
- Planetary influences
- How to read a natal astrological chart from the perspective of medical astrology
With the completion of this workshop, you shall know the foundations of Astrology and Alchemy in relation to herbalism and how to begin approaching reading natal charts from the perspective of medical astrology. Further you should be able to understand how this can be used in relationship to traditional Alchemical Principles.
The Art of Fermentation and Human Nutrition
This workshop addresses the age-old art of fermentation. This workshop will address the following
- What is fermentation actually?
- Fermented drinks
- Fermented foods
- Fermented medicines
- Fermentation in Permaculture
- How to actually ferment, recipes and hands on experience
With the completion of this workshop, you learn what fermentation is and the practical methodologies used to make fermented foods, drinks, and medicines.
Pharmacopeia, Materia Medica, and preparations
This workshop includes essential information that discuss important aspects of:
- Plant and mushroom chemistry
- What is a Materia medica? and how to organize it based on essential categories.
- How to prepare tinctures, syrups, powders, pills, decoctions, infusions, essential oils, oil extracts, etc.
- How to formulate and mix combinations ¨
In this work shop you will learn important points of how to organize plants and mushrooms so that the correct preparation is pursued for your needs.
History of Entheogenic plant use among Indigenous practitioners of traditional plant medicine
This workshop series will cover the following aspects:
- What are Entheogenes and how did ethnobotany discover them
- In what context have Entheogenes been used throughout history
- The Indo-European Entheogenes
- African Entheogenes
- Entheogenes from the Americas
- What future role do Entheogenes have in guiding and Developing Society
- What is plant blindness in relationship to Entheogenes
- Round table discussion